As I’ve mentioned before the past year has been stressful due to the intensity of my program. I’m one of those people who gain weight when I’m stressed out, well that’s exaclty what happened to me. I gained quite a few lbs and now that I’m also done with this program, I’m determined to get back in shape. I’ve been working out and recently started the ketogenic diet.
What is the keto diet? It’s a diet regimen that consists of high fat, low carb, and moderate protein. When we lower our carb intake, the body looks for an alternative source of energy which will be fat in a keto diet, so then it enters a state known as ketosis. The body then start burning fat which results in weight loss. Some of the benefits of a ketogenic diet besides weight loss are blood sugar control because of the low carb intake, increase in energy, and it has also been proven to treat epilepsy.
Unfortunately, you can’t eat anything you want in the ketogenic diet because the goal is to reach ketosis by lowering you carbohydrate intake.
Foods to Avoid
- Grains – wheat, corn, rice, cereal
- Sugar – honey, agave, maple syrup
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges
- Tubers – potato, yams
Foods to Eat
- Meats – fish, beef, lamb, poultry, egg
- Leafy Greens – spinach, kale
- Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower
- High fat dairy – hard cheeses, high fat cream, butter
- Nuts and seeds – macadamias, walnuts, sunflower seeds
- Avocado and berries
- Sweeteners – stevia, erythritol, monk fruit
- Other fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing, saturated fats, etc.
Keto has been going well, and I have a Keto meal prep video on youtube channel.
I can’t wait to update you guys more on this journey?
Have you ever tried the ketogenic diet? Let’s talk in the comment section…
Thanks for reading!
Until next time,